But we’ve marched past the halfway marker for 2013, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the year being full and rich and crazy as the first half. Also, my birthday is now months closer. Priorities, priorities.
But, back to June. Each month, my internet/Twitter/Facebook friend Leigh at Hopeful Leigh entices us with all of the lovely things that she has found on the interwebs, real life, or some combination of all three. While I don’t always join in the fun, this month I decided to give it a go. (Note: the month of July, I’m participating in Camp NaNoWriMo and this post is just s distraction from plotting, writing, and noveling stuff).
Without further eloquence….
What I’m Into June 2013:
Books(some books may have been read in May but really doesn’t matter at this point):
- I’ve stopped reading a lot of blogs so I could get stuff done.
- I read all of Ursula K. Le Guin’s Earthsea Cycle. Written about the same time as Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia, the magical worlds felt familiar and lovely. I loved her Left Hand of Darkness novel, and this series was also terrific as a whole. My favorite books were the 2nd and 4th because they featured a strong female character, and I’m drawn to those.
- I’m sorry that I wasted my time on Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl. I hate all the characters, the ending did not ring true, and I should have just left the book unfinished. Meh…
- I’m currently working through my 11 books from My Read Your Shelves challenge. Working slowly through East of Eden, Kitchen Confidential, and Sinners Welcome. I am loving ALL of these.
- I haven’t really watched any movies this month. Not a single one.
- I tend to watch my favorite shows repeatedly. This month, I re-watched ALL of The Big Bang Theory’s 6th season because y’all, I’m still hoping Raj finds someone soon or he steals Amy away from Sheldon. Leonard was way too whiney, and Penny’s kinda bossy. I watched some Dr. Who episodes sporadically. But I adore Anthony Bourdain’s new show Parts Unknown. The Congo episode was freakin brilliant.
- I tried playing some more video games because I buy them and don’t play them. I beat several cave trolls, a big ass orc, and a barrow wight in Lord of the Rings: War in the North. I’m now up to Level 10…this never happens to me.
- I finished another short story for my collection and feel pretty damn good about how it turned out. I love the characters, and I can neither confirm or deny that I cried when I killed this character off at the end.
- I got really brave and started submitting stuff for publication.
- I got really sad when I got rejection emails saying that various magazines didn’t want my work.
- I got super excited when I found out a magazine DID want my work…I danced like a happy hippo and didn’t even care.
- Paddling around Jordan Lake because the water was lovely, the sunshine, and looking for Bald Eagles.
- Hanging out with my writing group because even an INFJ like myself needs to be around other people too.
- Good pizza, good wine…there is no explanation required for sitting down at the table to eat well.
What are you into this past June?