On Monday, I shared my 10 books of faith.
On Tuesday, I shared my favorite poets.
On Thursday, I shared my favorite novels.
I am sharing my 9 books on my to read list…
Yes, I know there should be 10, but here are my To Reads for a long while.
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen: I put off reading this book to focus on the darker mash-ups for Austen novels. Now, it is time for the real thing.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by The Baroness Orczy: I saw the movie in college. I liked it. I hope the book is better.
- Middlemarch by George Eliot: If I finish this book, I deserve a medal.
- Grace (Eventually) Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott: I adore everything she writes. Enough said.
- Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis: My college professor raved about this trilogy. I only cared about what was on the test. Time to remedy my ignorance.
- Confessions by Saint Augustine: The time has come to make peace with this misogynist. Perhaps, reading his whole work will lend a bit more context to his narrow views on women.
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving: My blogging friend Alise will be thrilled, and I bought it to read too.
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire: I love the musical and hoping the book is better. Although, it would be nice to have the musical score play at the appropriate times in said book.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood: Don’t take away my feminist card just cause I haven’t read this book yet. See it’s on my list (grasps feminist card firmly).
What book should fill in the #10 spot? Share your suggestion in the comments.
Check out Sarah Bessey’s blog for her reading suggestions this week!